Ottawa First Aid proudly offers workplace approved first aid and/or CPR re-certification courses. All courses include training and re-certification in the use of automated external defibrillators (AED). These courses are designed for candidates that need to renew expiring certificates. Renewal courses are cheaper and shorter than the original course and focus on skills and knowledge areas in which candidates need improvement. Once candidates complete the workplace approved re-cert course they will receive a certificate (depending on your re-cert course) that meets many workplace and academic standards and is valid for 3 years. Candidates may be required to renew certification at a earlier date based on employer or school policy. Not all first aid and CPR certificates have re-certification courses. If your certification course is not listed here you will have to re-take the original / full course to renew certification.
Available First Aid and CPR Re-Certification Courses in Ottawa:
The following workplace approved first aid and CPR certificates can be renewed:
- Standard first aid, CPR and AED
- Stand-alone CPR level “C” for health care providers (CPR “HCP”)
- Stand-alone CPR level “C”
Workplace Approved Certification:
Candidates that successfully complete this course will receive a workplace approved first aid and / or CPR certificate that is valid for 3 years. This certificate is equal in value to that of the certificate received from the original course and meets (depending on your award level) academic and workplace requirements.
To be eligible for a first aid and / or CPR re-certification in Ottawa through the workplace approved candidates must meet the following prerequisites:
- Must have completed a full standard first aid course or a re-certification course of the same level within the past 3 years.
- Must bring previous first aid and CPR certification card to renewal course.
- Must have completed previous certification course with St Mark James. On-line certification is not valid for renewal.
- Must have completed previous certification within Canada.
- Participants can not take consecutive re-certification courses. A regular course must be taken after each re-certification award.
Ottawa First Aid offers private re-certification courses for you or your business. To book or schedule a private re-certification course please call or email at email@example.com
The length of the re-certification varies depending on the type of course. The course varies in length from 4 hours to 8 hours.
Ottawa First Aid is committed to offering you the lowest prices. Our re-certification courses vary in price from — dollars to — dollars.
We have comfortable and convenient training locations throughout Ottawa. Check out our location tab to see where we offer our re-certification courses.